On 22 February 2023, the European Commission for Standardization released a new version of the kitchenware standards EN 12983-1:2023 and EN 12983-2:2023, replacing the old version EN 12983- 1:2000 and CEN/TS 12983-2:2005. The respective national standards of the EU member states will be abolished by August at the latest. The new cookware standard incorporates test content. test of the original standard and some additional coating-related performance tests.
This time, the European Union has updated the safety standards of cookware and has higher requirements for the performance of non-stick cookware and ceramic cookware. See the original text of the update here: Part 1 và Part 2.
《Cookware-Domestic cookware for useon top of a stove,cooker or hob.General requirements》major changes to:
1. Add the pull test of the handle in the original CEN/TS 12983-2:2005
2. Add the performance test of the non-stick coating
3. Add the corrosion resistance test of the non-stick coating in the original CEN/TS 12983-2:2005
4 , Increase the heat distribution test in the original CEN/TS 12983-2:2005
5, Add and modify the applicability test of various heat sources in the original CEN/TS 12983-2:2005
《Cookware-Domestic cookware for useon top of a stove,cooker or hob.
Part 2:General requirements for ceramic cookware and glass lid》major changes to:
1. The document was changed from the technical specification to the European standard
2. The scope of the standard was limited to ceramic kitchen utensils and glass lids
3. The performance test was changed: the pull test of the handle was deleted, the durability test of the non-stick coating, the durability of the non-stick coating Corrosion test; heat distribution test and applicability test of various heat sources; increase the impact resistance of ceramics; increase the performance requirements of ceramic non-stick coatings and easy-to-clean coatings; modify the thermal shock resistance requirements of ceramics.
At present, our company has the old standard EN 12983-1:2000. After the development of the follow-up laboratory is completed, CTT will announce the capabilities and update the quotation list as soon as possible.
The new standard has higher requirements on the performance of non-stick coatings and ceramic kitchenware. Enterprises exporting related products should pay attention to improving product performance.